14 Motivational Quotes for College Students Who Feel Like Giving Up
When you first enrolled in college, you likely entered those first few weeks with bright eyes and excitement for the future. By pursuing higher education, you’re giving yourself a chance at a more rewarding career and a better all-around lifestyle. No doubt you’ve made sacrifices to get to this point, and those sacrifices will be well worth the cost once you come out on the other side.
But when you’re in the daily grind of homework, studying, and exams, it can be hard to remember all that. The big picture often becomes lost in a blur of late nights and stressful study sessions. And if you’re a student juggling a full-time job or taking care of a family, the drudgery can be taken to even greater heights.
If this is you, you’re not alone—according to a study conducted by the National College Health Assessment, a whopping 88.1% of students report feeling overwhelmed by everything they need to do, 64.3% who experienced overwhelming anxiety, and 84.6% who felt exhausted from pursuits other than physical activity.
Find Some Perspective
In these moments, it’s important to take a little time for self-care and reflection on why you’re going to college in the first place. Find a quiet place to unwind, or get some of your stresses out at the gym or batting cages. Then think about your goals and how college will enhance your life in the long run. And if you’re still having trouble finding the silver lining of your situation, have no fear – we’re here to help.
We’ve compiled 14 motivational quotes to remind you why you’re in college. These quotes come from some of the world’s greatest thinkers, leaders, and academics of past and present. Their words remind us of the hard path to success and the importance of never giving up. So read on to find some much-needed inspiration. We’re certain you’ll be feeling energized and recommitted by the time you finish this blog post.
1. “We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
2. “Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, or an hour or a day, or even a year. But eventually, it will subside. And something else takes its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.” – Eric Thomas
3. “With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
4. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
5. “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David Bly
6. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
8. “I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it.” – van Gogh
9. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again. This time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
11. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
12. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
13. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
14. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun