GED® Recipient Scholarships
California College San Diego acknowledges what a significant achievement it is for a student to return to school and earn his or her GED. The college is pleased to provide the Build a Better Future Scholarship to help returning students continue their education and earn a career-focused college degree.
The Build a Better Future Scholarship award is $3,000 toward tuition. No limit exists on the number of awards that each college location can give each year.
To apply for the Build a Better Future Scholarship, contact the California College San Diego location you are interested in attending. To be eligible, each applicant must:
- 1. Complete one of the college’s GED preparation programs
- 2. Provide evidence that the student earned his or her GED
- 3. Apply for the scholarship within one year of earning the GED
- Applicant needs to submit all application materials at least one week before starting classes at California College San Diego.
- Applicant can receive only one scholarship award from California College San Diego.
- This scholarship is awarded ratably, by term, over the course of a student’s program. A term normally lasts four months.
- Scholarship recipients must meet all college-entrance requirements, as well as program requirements.
- Scholarships cannot be transferred. They apply only to tuition, and they do not result in cash payments to students.
- To maintain eligibility for the Build a Better Future Scholarship, a recipient must keep a cumulative GPA of 3.0 throughout his or her enrollment. If a recipient’s cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0, he or she will lose the scholarship and all future awards will be cancelled.
- If a recipient withdraws from California College San Diego or is terminated, the scholarship is permanently forfeited.
- Scholarships are available only to those who qualify, and they are limited in number.