High School Student Scholarships
California College San Diego offers valuable scholarships to students who will soon graduate from high school:
Presidential Scholarship: The Presidential Scholarship covers Full-Tuition. If the criteria are met, this scholarship can be awarded each year by each on-ground campus to a graduating high school student. A campus staff member will administer an approved test at high schools throughout the campus’s region. Each region’s student with the highest test score who also earns the highest ACT score (minimum of 24) may be awarded this scholarship. To maintain eligibility for the scholarship, recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0. One Presidential Scholarship is available every year at each on-ground college location.
Counselor’s Choice Scholarship: Each year, two Counselor’s Choice Scholarship certificates will be given to a high school counselor at each high school where a college representative makes a presentation. The high school counselor may award the certificates to two graduating high school seniors. If you qualify, you’ll receive an award of either $15,000 toward an associate’s degree or $25,000 toward a bachelor’s degree.
To be eligible for a Counselor’s Choice Scholarship, you must:
- 1. Be selected by your high school counselor for the scholarship
- 2. Interview with one of the college’s admissions consultants
- 3. Meet all admissions criteria for enrollment in your chosen degree program
- 4. Enroll in and start classes no later than December 31 of your graduation year
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Academic Scholarship: Academic scholarships worth up to $8,000 may be awarded by an on-ground campus to graduating high school students. To use this scholarship, students must enroll and start classes at the college within one year from the date they graduate from high school. Applicants who graduate from high school with a GPA of 3.5 or higher (as shown on an official transcript) do not have to take a test. Other applicants must take the Otis Lennon test and can receive an award as follows:
- 1. Applicants who score >34 are awarded a scholarship of $7,000
- 2. Applicants who score >46 are awarded a scholarship of $7,500
- 3. Applicants who score >58 are awarded a scholarship of $8,000
To stay eligible for this academic scholarship, recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0. No limit exists on the number of academic scholarships that each location can award every year.
To apply for a High School Student Scholarship, contact the California College San Diego location you want to attend.
- Applicants must turn in all application materials at least one week prior to beginning school.
- If an academic scholarship awardee does not begin attending California College San Diego within one year of high school graduation, he or she forfeits the award.
- Each applicant can receive only one scholarship from California College San Diego.
- Scholarships are awarded ratably, by term, over the course of a student’s program. A term is usually four months.
- Recipients must meet all college-entrance and program requirements.
- Scholarships are non-transferable. They apply only to tuition and do not result in a cash payment to a student.
- To stay eligible for an academic scholarship, recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 throughout their enrollment. If a recipient’s cumulative GPA decreases below a 3.0, he or she will lose the scholarship and all future awards will be cancelled.
- To remain eligible for the Presidential Scholarship, recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.8 throughout their enrollment. If a recipient’s cumulative GPA decreases below a 3.8, he or she will lose the scholarship and all future awards will be cancelled.
- If a recipient withdraws or is terminated from California College San Diego, the scholarship is permanently forfeited.
- Scholarships are available only to those who qualify, and they are limited in number.